Engine 71-4 (formerly Engine 74) is the 14th motorized apparatus in service with the
Department.  Placed into service in July 2001, Engine 71-4 holds a series of firsts for our
Department.  This apparatus is the first in our history to have an enclosed cab to meet
federal and NFPA safety regulations.  71-4 is also the first Spotswood Fire Department unit to
carry the "Jaws of Life" extrication equipment after the Department assumed the borough's
vehicle extrication duties from the Spotswood Volunteer First Aid Squad in 2001.  Currently
71-4 is stationed at "House 2" the firehouse located at the borough yard on Third Street.
  • 2001 Pierce Quantum Rescue
    Pumper

  • Crew: 4 Firefighters, 1
    Officer, and 1 Engineer

  • 1500 Gallon per Minute Pump

  • 750 Gallon Water Tank

  • Extrication and BLS Equipped